October 9, 2023
Hey there, friends! Jennifer Mummert here, your go-to photographer for all things beautiful and vibrant. Today, I’m excited to share some valuable insights on choosing outfits for holiday pictures. Whether you’re celebrating Christmas in Maryland or enjoying a mountain holiday in Eastern Tennessee, I’ve got you covered with tips to make your holiday photos pop!
The Dos for Choosing Outfits for Holiday Pictures:
- Coordinate, Don’t Match: It’s all about that cohesive look without being too matchy-matchy when choosing outfits for holiday pictures. Opt for a color palette that complements each other, like deep reds and forest greens, for a cozy Christmas vibe.
- Layer It Up: Add depth and texture to your holiday outfits with layers. Scarves, cardigans, or statement jewelry can elevate your holiday look and keep you warm during outdoor holiday photoshoots.
- Seasonal Accessories: Embrace the holiday spirit with fun and festive accessories like Santa hats, reindeer antlers, or cozy mittens. These accessories add a playful touch to your holiday pictures.
- Comfort is Key: When choosing outfits, make sure everyone feels comfortable in their attire. Happy, relaxed subjects make for the best holiday photos, so opt for holiday clothing that feels good and allows freedom of movement.
The Don’ts When Choosing Outfits for Holiday Pictures:
- Avoid Logos and Busy Prints: Steer clear of loud logos and busy patterns, as they can distract from your beautiful faces in holiday pictures. Stick to solid colors or subtle patterns when choosing outfits to ensure you are the focal point of your holiday photos.
- Say No to All White or All Black: While all-white or all-black outfits can be elegant, they tend to wash you out or create shadows in holiday photos. Mix it up with some color in your holiday attire to make your holiday images pop.
- Avoid Neon Colors: Bright neon colors can be harsh on the eyes and may reflect onto your skin in holiday photos. Opt for softer, more flattering shades in your holiday outfits instead.
- Stay Away from Trends: When choosing holiday outfits, remember that you want your holiday pictures to be timeless. Avoid holiday clothing that’s too trendy, as it might look outdated in a few years.
As a photographer, I’m all about capturing the authentic essence of your holiday moments. So, while these tips are helpful for choosing outfits for holiday pictures, don’t forget to be yourselves and let your personalities shine through.
If you need a photographer who understands the importance of bringing out your true colors in holiday photos, I’m here for you. Let’s make this holiday season unforgettable with stunning holiday pictures!
Wishing you all a season filled with love, laughter, and memorable holiday photos that you’ll cherish for years to come. Happy holidays, my friends! 📸✨
Join our VIP Group on Facebook for exclusive sales and themes, not available to the public